2008/04/22

The Butcher ...


I don't understand.

I have tried many times to get the same 15 minute haircut I used to get back in Canada. Here, a hair cut is 40-60 minutes, and is far from decent.

How easy is this?

"Trimmers for the sides and back. Blended into the top. Shorter in the back, longer in the front." I can say this with breath to spare. I can say it in sign language, or write it in hyroglyphics if I have to. If I went back in a time machine, I want to make sure I'm covered.

I'm convinced most of them don't know how to cut hair. Even my new Chinese friends have had teary experiences having their haircut here!

1. They don't have clip attachments.
2. It seems, "blending" is another word for "shock value" in Chinese.
3. They insist on using thinning shears, ... excessively.
4. "Shorter in the back, longer in the front." here seems to mean "You are Picaso, and I am your canvas."
5. They favour Korean media hair styles. Do I look like a Korean rockstar to you? Did I say, "Please keep the profile shape of my hair like that of a soccer ball." ?

Tomorrow, I learn how to say "Please pass me the razor."

Picture: Bad haircut. Dear kitty, I feel your pain.

No comments: