2008/04/24

EVICTION!

So, my 6 month lease ends this May. Already thinking about moving to a location closer to the university, I was notified today that my landlady wanted to increase my rent by 200 rmb/month. Looks like I'm moving!

I'm sad to leave this apartment though. It only had a few minor problems. Wont forget my neighbors either. My immediate neighbor was always happy and eager to help me, as well as always leaving an umbrella on my door for me on rainy days. I never used the umbrellas since I enjoy a little rain, but it's the thought that matters. My downstairs neighbor too, he and his daughter were very kind too.

Still, I'm excited to move. I'm hoping to find something up high, with an incredible view, and near trees! Although this time, I must insist of course on knowing that my next appartment will have 24/7 hot water, no leaks, no mice, and no surprises.

My new roomates are here! I took some pictures of them. I'd upload them for you to see, but I lost my flash drive long ago at work. So you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Picture: Me in Xi'an 2007/09 posing next to an old granny. Not sure where she went to so quickly.

No comments: