2009/04/17

A Long Way Down


Chris and I took a bus to climb a mountain in Deng Feng this morning. Something I had wanted to do again for a long time.

The first time I went there was with my colleagues from the first school I worked at. It was great, except for the misleading conversion from a fun activity, to a teamwork training exercise at the peak of the mountain, and of exhaustion.

This time, we intended on taking the path less treaded again, but without the previous group. If only I could remember the way. After some guesswork, we managed to progress, keeping our aim on locating the original path. Why do things the easy way, right? Right!

We never found it. We had climbed for several hours. It didn't matter, our searching had been extra generous in difficulty. We now know the location of the path, however, for when we go back in May.

Send a request by email for all
55 photos of this trip.
Filename:
dengfeng2009_04_17.rar - 4 (10MB each) parts.

Photo 1: destination "too far"
Photo 2: valley return path

4 comments:

Kevin St.Cyr said...

I can't wait.

Kevin St.Cyr said...

...still waiting

Michael S. Wasylyniuk said...

The internet has been in use, and I have been busy working.

It's coming.

Jen MacDonald said...

I wish I was there to climb that. It looks so beautiful!!