2009/04/20

"I want my giggle back"

I need to be more of a "go and do" person, rather than a "think and wait, and wait, and think ..." person. Those past two trips I took did wonders for me. Aside from taking another trip, this summer I’d like to "do" more of the things I had set out to do long ago.

I can't help it, though. It always seems that I can’t enjoy myself while I still have tasks left unfinished. For instance, I've turned down invitations to "go and do" many times here, in a place that was very much the first major go-and-do of my life. I mean, come on, without the “do” it’s just “go” and let me tell you, “go” just isn’t enough, never is. Just ask Chris! He's pretty much given up on inviting me anywhere, because I've turned down too many invitations from him to go and do stuff.

I wonder if it is how I was raised. Always, work before play was the dominant mindset I grew up with.

Perhaps, I'm just lazy.

Photo: Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Banoobie and Loke Groundrunner giggling their way onto Han's Hand. Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle (1999)

4 comments:

Kevin St.Cyr said...

So you're up for bowling then? ;)

Michael S. Wasylyniuk said...

Funny, it's already included in my birthday plans. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi; it does have to do with your family, not taught though -inherited, it's a bit of an cbd. I have a tape I listened to which helped me will try to send the file.

Anonymous said...

I like the time when you said you need a help.Because I like to help you.And now I need a help,can you help me?
I want your giggle back too!

Helen