2008/10/20

Bie Kan Wo!


2 years, and some things are the same, but I guess the things that I assumed had changed have likely become things I simply don't notice anymore.

What I mean is, when I first arrived here in China in October of 2006, it felt like everyone stared at me, and critically analyzed me. Now, it feels like some of that has changed. Perhaps its true, and that I am at a level of comfort that emanates from me, and therefore recieve less occular attention.

Regardless, children still seem fascinated by me, as well as every taxi driver, who seem to enjoy themselves by rambling on when I convey that I don't understand him (a partial truth). Sometimes, I find that I get tired trying to understand while having to sift through their accents and words, while suffering their body oder. It brings to mind the differences between henan dialect and mandarin, and seems to be a reliable end of a usual sequence with my gazing out the window, or sending text messages on my cell.

Today I stayed home to relax, clean the apartment and give my kittens a bath. I found that clipping their claws before the bath, works wonders for my blood ... =)

Well, they aren't that bad, it's only under the water when they try to seek safety. I just wish they went to the floor instead of up my chest and onto my shoulder when they panic.

Has anyone else been following the BBC show Merlin? I finished watching season 1 and 2 of the Showtime show Dexter a few weeks ago. Good stuff! Photo: Open manhole cover. Not so dangerous during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a good style of writing.i mean,your emotion,your words are really touched me.
sara