2008/12/24

Earliest Christmas Memory

My earliest recollection of Christmas, I believe, was in 1981. Possibly 82, or was it 83?

I awoke around 2 or 3am I guess, having wet the bed (shut-the-hell-up! Quite natural for a 3 year old) Anyway, I wandered out of my room and into the decorated living room of our home.


The room was lit up by the Christmas tree, covered in lights and a blanket of tinsel. On the couch watching TV was my mother. The next few things I recall are a pound puppy http://www.poundpuppies.com/, a gingerbread house, and the street covered in black and snow out the front window.

If I recall correctly, my mother sent me back to bed with a pound puppy toy from under the tree. I remember being drawn to the window. The gingerbread house was amazing. It sat on an old sewing machine that converted into a table. Outside the window was a beautiful sight. The snow was so very thick, falling very slowly.

What's your earliest Christmas memory?

Photo: Random google image search. http://www.duvekot.ca/eliane/archives/2008_02.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your confused...you didn't get the pound puppy when you were three...LMAO...I think more like 7ish...you had that think trained like the really thing...it was so animated....you brought it to life!

Michael S. Wasylyniuk said...

No, I may have played with it for years, but I didn't get it when I was 7.

And it 'WAS' animated because it really was real >:[