2009/01/20

Brewing Skies: Before the Aftermath ... :P


China's spring festival is around the corner, but we already have fireworks. Although the festival is just a week long, the fireworks last for weeks. Fireworks are less frequent after the first 7 days, but maintain their "at any hour" trait every day after. Typical of cats, Sugar and Pepper bolt through the apartment, and hide under my bed covers at the sound ...

Currently practicing the rules of writing in Chinese, and a hair cut to follow. I wonder how short.

Photo: Visual wonders, angry sleepless nights.

3 comments:

Jim said...

As a Chinese, I have to say sorry for making those inconvenience to you. Fireworks is a good traditional festival method, which is used to celebrate Chinese spring festival, but it's also a very annoying stuff when it's not under control. In fact, I hate fireworks. I think our government should organize a big fireworks show to replace personal behaviors, it could reduce the fire, garbage, air pollution and the infringing of personal rights. Sadly, Our country doesn't have any effective plans to void those trouble yet, even there was, I don't think the most of Chinese could accept that policy, so every spring festival, all things we can do, maybe is closing all the windows and the doors, wear earplugs...

Michael S. Wasylyniuk said...

I don't consider one person responsible for another based on race. There isn't any need to apologize to me.

Fireworks don't bother me 'too' much, and Sugar and Pepper's reaction is typical for cats.

My only issue with Spring Festival I suppose, is how many days there are fireworks during all hours.

If these fireworks were taken away from our reality, I would miss it. It's part of this culture, and that's a serious part of my experience here.

:)

Jim said...

Well, a whole week at least, there is no rule to limit it. If they want to do, they can make it happen anytime or any place in that week.