2009/02/02

The Lane Change


February already?

Despite feeling under the weather, I accompanied Kevin, Chris, and Maggie ... bowling. I’m sure however that my bring ill will be omitted when anyone recalls the days Kevin was in China visiting. If I recall correctly, the last time I went bowling was with my family in 1994, in Newmarket. I do recall being in a bowling alley when I was 19-20, but not for bowling. Anyways, even though I didn’t want to take part, I still had to pay just to get in.

After the 1st set had finished, I joined in for the sake of killing boredom.


15 pin bowling, and looked like the real deal. Even the monitors above the lanes said “Brunswick” on them. Around 12:45, we left and feeling no better than I did earlier that day, I would still have to work the next morning.

Up at 6:45, at work by 7:55, and expected to teach at 8:30. Around 10:30, I went home. Since no one else had arrived.

Hours later, I realized that today was not the 2nd , it was the 1st. So, I spent the rest of the day resting in bed, and started to feel a heck of a lot better than I had over the past few days.


Currently my family is in Florida. My mother sent me a few photos, and I look forward to hearing about their experience.

According to my parents in a video skype call, I've been to the U.S. “ONCE” when I was around 10 years old. Maine, Michigan, Detroit, etc. I don't recall the trip at all.

Photo: Picture from a balcony. Florida, U.S.A. Photo by Wasylyniuk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Mike; you were only in Maine with us, we bought you a game system. Your father went to Detriot with Pat McLaughlin and the trip through Washington State etc. was before you were born. Did I mention your father has deminiata?

Anonymous said...

We are still enjoying Florida. They are acting like it is a National Disaster here as the temps are in the 50's but in the afternoon the sun is so bright, it is incredible. Seriously thinking about moving here, for sure we are coming back.

Anonymous said...

10 pin.

Who are you kidding, you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Mike email your mother!

Anonymous said...

a beautiful photo! have you been to some other places in american? sara